ACCESS HEALTH CT ANNOUNCES A SPECIAL ENROLLMENT PERIOD FOR UNINSURED RESIDENTS DUE TO ONGOING PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS
CT residents without health insurance can enroll in coverage between Feb. 15 – March 15, 2021
- Access Health CT will open a Special Enrollment Period for consumers who are not currently enrolled in coverage through AHCT. This effort aligns with the Special Enrollment Period in the Federally Facilitated Marketplace (FFM) and most importantly helps consumers during the COVID-19 Pandemic and Public Health Emergency.
- Uninsured individuals can sign up for health insurance coverage through Access Health CT during the Special Enrollment Period (SEP) from February 15 through March 15, 2021.
- Individuals who experience a Qualifying Life Event (e.g., loss of coverage due to job change or unemployment) or qualify for Medicaid/Children’s Health Program (CHIP), can continue to enroll year-round.
HARTFORD, Conn. (February 11, 2021)—As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to threaten public health, uninsured Connecticut residents can enroll in a health insurance plan through Access Health CT (AHCT) starting on February 15, 2021, with the opening of a Special Enrollment period that will run until March 15, 2021*.
The Special Enrollment Period is for consumers who are not currently enrolled in coverage through AHCT. This effort aligns with the Special Enrollment Period in the Federally Facilitated Marketplace (FFM) and most importantly helps consumers during the COVID-19 Pandemic and Public Health Emergency.
Special Enrollment Period coverage effective dates and guidelines are as follow:
- Consumers will not be required to verify their eligibility for this Special Enrollment Period.
- Consumers currently enrolled in coverage through AHCT will not be eligible to use this Special Enrollment Period to change plans.
- Financial help will continue to be available to consumers who qualify.
“As we continue to navigate the ongoing COVID-19 public health crisis, Access Health CT is focused on the health and wellbeing of Connecticut residents,” said Chief Executive Officer at Access Health CT, James Michel. “If you are uninsured, or you know someone that is, please contact us to get covered during this Special Enrollment Period. Access Health CT can help you enroll in an affordable, quality health insurance plan that is right for you and your family.”
Access Health CT reminds residents of the importance of maintaining their coverage throughout the year, and not just during this public health crisis. It is critical that uninsured individuals take advantage of this opportunity to protect their health, wellbeing and ensure they have access to necessary services.
Access Health CT will continue to offer free help:
- Online: AccessHealthCT.com (Live chat: AccessHealthCT.com click “Live Chat” icon)
- Phone: 1-855-805-4325, Mon. – Fri. 8 AM – 4 PM
- With Enrollment Specialists in the community
- In-person help at either of AHCT’s Navigator partner locations:
*Note: Near the end of this period, AHCT will assess whether an additional extension is needed.