Access Health CT Announces An Extension Of The Special Enrollment Period For Uninsured Residents Due To High Enrollment Volume
CT residents without health insurance can enroll in coverage until April 15, 2021
- Since the Special Enrollment Period began on February 15, over 2,000 Connecticut residents have signed up through Access Health CT for coverage.
- Access Health CT is extending its Special Enrollment Period for consumers who are not currently enrolled in coverage through AHCT.
- Uninsured individuals can sign up for health insurance coverage through Access Health CT during the Special Enrollment Period (SEP) extension from March 16 through April 15, 2021.
- Individuals who experience a Qualifying Life Event (e.g., loss of coverage due to job change or unemployment) or qualify for Medicaid/Children’s Health Program (CHIP), can continue to enroll year-round.
HARTFORD, Conn. (March 9, 2021) — Due to the high volume of Connecticut residents enrolling since Access Health CT (AHCT) announced its initial Special Enrollment Period (February 15 – March 15, 2021) for uninsured residents, and as the COVID-19 pandemic remains a threat to public health, customers without health insurance can continue to enroll in a health plan during this extension of the Special Enrollment Period. The extension of the Special Enrollment Period will run from March 16 – April 15, 2021.
The Special Enrollment Period is for consumers who are not currently enrolled in coverage through AHCT. This effort aligns with the Special Enrollment Period in the Federally Facilitated Marketplace (FFM) and most importantly helps consumers during the COVID-19 Pandemic and Public Health Emergency.
Special Enrollment Period coverage effective dates and guidelines are as follows:
- Consumers will not be required to verify their eligibility for this Special Enrollment Period.
- Consumers currently enrolled in coverage through AHCT will not be eligible to use this Special Enrollment Period to change plans.
- Financial help will continue to be available to consumers who qualify.
“Collectively as the COVID-19 public health crisis continues, Access Health CT remains focused on the health and wellbeing of Connecticut residents,” said Chief Executive Officer at Access Health CT, James Michel. “And if you or someone you know is uninsured, please take the opportunity of this extended Special Enrollment Period to get covered. Access Health CT can help you enroll in an affordable, quality health insurance plan that is right for you and your family.”
Access Health CT reminds residents of the importance of maintaining their coverage throughout the year, and not just during this public health crisis. It is critical that uninsured individuals take advantage of this opportunity to protect their health, wellbeing and ensure they have access to needed services.
Access Health CT will continue to offer free help:
- Online: AccessHealthCT.com (Live chat: AccessHealthCT.com click “Live Chat” icon)
- Phone: 1-855-805-4325, Mon. – Fri. 8 AM – 4 PM
- With Enrollment Specialists in the community
- In-person help at either of AHCT’s Navigator partner locations**:
**NOTE: These locations will welcome customers by appointment only with strict safety protocols (mask wearing, hand sanitizing, temperature checks, social distancing, and standard health questionnaire).