Access Health CT Announces Expanded Navigator Program
Four Navigator locations around the state offer free, in-person enrollment assistance year-round
HARTFORD, Conn. (Oct. 17, 2022) — Access Health CT (AHCT) today announced Navigator partnerships with the Community Health Center Association of CT (CHCACT) at its Danbury, Norwich and Willimantic locations, Community Renewal Team (CRT) in Hartford, Greater Bridgeport Area Prevention Program (GBAPP) in Bridgeport and New Opportunities, Inc. in Waterbury. These partnerships increase the number of Navigator locations in the state and deepen AHCT’s reach into Connecticut communities where residents can get one-on-one health insurance enrollment help year-round.
“Our Navigator program is a critical part of our outreach, particularly to underserved communities,” said Chief Executive Officer of Access Health CT, James Michel. “It was important to us to expand this service, so all Connecticut residents can get the help they need to enroll in health insurance plans throughout the year. Qualifying life events that allow you to enroll in health insurance outside of the annual Open Enrollment period, like getting married or having a baby, can happen any time. We want residents to have somewhere to turn all year.”
These Navigator partners are integral to the communities in which they serve and are viewed as trusted resources, offering residents aid for basic needs, physical and mental health, education, senior and veteran services and more. The mission of these organizations is to better the lives of the people in their communities, which aligns with AHCT’s mission of reducing the rate of the uninsured and eliminating health disparities in the state. By amplifying information about AHCT, the Navigator partners are helping more residents learn about the importance of health insurance, how to use it and get the coverage they need.
Please contact the location in advance to make an appointment. Navigator partner information:
- Community Health Center Association of CT (CHCACT)
- Hours of operation are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. To speak to someone at CHCACT, please call 860-967-3836 or email AHNavigator@chcat.org. To learn more about CHCAT, visit chcact.org.
- CT Institute for Communities (CIFC Health), located at 120 Main Street, 4th Floor, Danbury.
- United Community and Family Services (UCFS), located at 47 Town Street, Norwich.
- Generations Family Health Center, located at 40 Mansfield Avenue, Willimantic.
- Community Renewal Team (CRT), located at 330 Market Street, Hartford. Hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with evenings as needed. To speak to some at CRT, please call 860-532-3889. To learn more about CRT, visit crtct.org.
- Greater Bridgeport Area Prevention Program (GBAPP), located at 1470 Barnum Avenue, Bridgeport. Hours of operation are 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, with evenings as needed. To speak to someone at GBAPP, please call 203-366-8255. To learn more about GBAPP, visit gbapp.org.
- New Opportunities, Inc., located at 232 North Elm Street, Waterbury. Hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. To speak to someone at New Opportunities, Inc., please call 203-598-1781. For more information about New Opportunities, Inc., visit newoppinc.org.