Access Health CT Call Center Experiencing High Call Volumes
Online services available for the recently unemployed and customers that need to verify information or have questions about IRS 1095 tax forms
- The Access Health CT call center is experiencing high call volumes.
- Those that are uninsured and need to enroll in health insurance before the New Special Enrollment Period deadline must call.
- Customers that are recently unemployed and lost health insurance due to job loss, need to verify information or have questions about IRS 1095 tax forms, please visit AccessHealthCT.com for faster service.
HARTFORD, Conn. (April 1, 2020)—The Access Health CT (AHCT) call center is experiencing high call volumes. People who are uninsured and need to enroll in health insurance before the New, Special Enrollment Period deadline must call.
However, people calling for other reasons like enrolling because they recently lost health insurance due to job loss, they need to verify information or have questions about the IRS 1095 tax forms, please visit AccessHealthCT.com for faster service.
“This is a challenging time for Connecticut residents,” said Access Health CT Chief Executive Officer, James Michel, and we are here to help. The call center is the only way for people who are uninsured to enroll in health insurance coverage through Access Health CT. If you recently lost your health insurance coverage because you lost your job you can enroll online, and you will likely be able to enroll much faster.”
Access Health CT also reminds customers to update their income as they, or members of their household, may be able to:
- Increase the financial help they qualify for or become eligible for increased cost sharing reductions to help pay for out-of-pocket expenses like deductibles, co-pays and co-insurance amounts.
- Change to a different insurance plan in a different metal tier, that may allow them to qualify for cost sharing reductions that help pay for out-of-pocket expenses like deductibles, co-pays and co-insurance amounts.
- Become eligible for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)/HUSKY Health.
Note: Be sure to report all changes to household income and size to Access Health CT within 30 days.
Details about the New Special Enrollment Period:
|New Special Enrollment Period|
|Who is Eligible?||ONLY qualified individuals who are Uninsured, lawfully present and not incarcerated.|
|When can I enroll?||Through April 2, 2020.|
|When will my coverage start?||The effective date of coverage for all enrollments during the New Special Enrollment Period
will be April 1, 2020.
|How can I enroll?||PHONE ONLY:
855-805-4325 (TTY: 1- 855-365-2428)
8AM – 5PM | Monday – Friday