Access Health CT Extends 2019 Health Insurance Open Enrollment Period
Extension ends January 15, 2019
- Access Health CT has extended the 2019 health insurance Open Enrollment period until January 15, 2019.
- If customers are already covered by an insurance plan through Access Health CT for January 2019, and would like to pick a new plan starting in February 2019, they must pay their January monthly bill (premium).
- If individuals choose a plan after December 15, 2018, the coverage for this plan will start on February 1, 2019.
- Last night’s ruling by a federal district court judge in Texas does not affect the ability for Connecticut residents to sign up for and use 2019 health insurance plans through Access Health CT.
- Today’s call center hours are from 8 a.m. until midnight; 1-855-805-4325 (TTY 1-855-789-2428).
HARTFORD, Conn. (December 15, 2018)—Access Health CT (AHCT) today announced an extension for the 2019 health insurance Open Enrollment period until January 15, 2019. Customers who sign up for health insurance plans through Access Health CT by today’s deadline will have coverage that starts January 1, 2019. Customers who sign up for health insurance plans through Access Health CT after today will have coverage that starts February 1, 2019.
Last night, a federal district court judge in Texas ruled the Affordable Care Act unconstitutional because of the changes Congress made to the Individual Mandate penalty. Access Health CT wants to let Connecticut residents know that the Texas ruling does not affect their ability to sign up for and use 2019 health insurance plans through Access Health CT.
“Access Health CT is the official marketplace under the Affordable Care Act in Connecticut and we are committed to upholding the ACA and the support it provides to the residents of our state,” said Access Health CT Chief Executive Officer, James Michel. “We will not let this news get in the way of fulfilling our mission to reduce the rate of the uninsured and help Connecticut residents get health insurance coverage for them and their families.”
Focusing on the extension and continued opportunity for Connecticut residents to sign up for 2019 health insurance coverage, Michel said, “With this extension, Access Health CT is encouraging customers who are currently covered by an insurance plan for 2019 to come and evaluate their options as they may find savings or lower premiums by choosing a different plan that better fits their needs and budget.”
When evaluating plan options, customers should consider things like monthly insurance payments (premiums), deductibles, co-pays, co-insurance, provider networks and prescription drug coverage.
Access Health CT customers who were automatically enrolled in coverage for 2019, may find a plan that better fits their needs. If they want to make a change after December 15, they can, and the new plan will have a start date of February 1, 2019. They will continue to be covered during the month of January 2019 under the auto-enroll plan, and must pay their January payment (premium).
Free help will continue to be available during the extension:
- By contacting a broker, or looking for one here.
- Online: AccessHealthCT.com
- Visiting one of the three in-person Enrollment Fairs below. Note: Enrollment Centers will not be open during this extension.
- By phone, at 1-855-805-4325 (TTY 1-855-789-2428). Hours of operation:
- Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.*
- Saturday, January 5 and 12: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.*
- Tuesday, January 15: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.*
*Holiday hours December 24 & December 31, 8 a.m.to 2 p.m. Closed December 25 & January 1.