Access Health CT Hosting Free, In-Person Help Events for Eligible Residents to Enroll in the Covered CT Program
Covered CT provides no-cost health insurance for eligible Connecticut residents
HARTFORD, Conn. (July 28, 2022) — Access Health CT (AHCT) today announced it will host enrollment fairs in July, August and September to help Connecticut residents determine their eligibility and enroll in the Covered CT Program. Enrollment fairs offer free, in-person help by enrollment specialists and will take place in Bridgeport, Hartford, New Haven, Norwich, Torrington and Waterbury.
Created and funded by the State of Connecticut, the Covered CT Program provides health insurance, dental coverage and non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT) benefits at no cost to residents who meet eligibility requirements. The Connecticut Department of Social Services administers the program.
Connecticut residents who are interested in attending the events can book an appointment online and walk-ins are welcome. To book an appointment, go to AccessHealthCT.com/enrollment-events and click “Learn More & Register.”
The enrollment fairs will take place at the following locations and times:
- Norwich: Saturday, July 30 at Otis Library, located at 261 Main Street, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Register here
- Hartford: Wednesday, Aug. 3 at Advancing CT Together (ACT), located at 110 Bartholomew Avenue, from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Register here
- Bridgeport: Wednesday, Aug. 10at Greater Bridgeport Area Prevention Program (GPAPP), Inc., located at 1470 Barnum Avenue, from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Register here
- New Haven: Wednesday, Aug. 17 at Evergreen Family Oriented Tree, Inc., located at 43 Norton Street, from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Register here
- Waterbury: Wednesday, Sept. 7 at New Opportunities, Inc., located at 232 North Elm Street, from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Register here
- Torrington: Wednesday, Sept. 14 at New Opportunities, Inc., located at 59 Field Street, from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Register here
Strict safety protocols will be in place at enrollment fair locations, including mask-wearing and hand-sanitizing. When possible, please limit to only one attendee per party.
“Connecticut residents who qualify for the Covered CT Program can enroll anytime,” said Chief Executive Officer of Access Health CT, James Michel. “Our enrollment specialists are available at these events to offer free, expert help to determine whether residents are eligible for the program, and to help them enroll.”
Connecticut residents can also find out if they are eligible for the Covered CT Program by completing an application online at AccessHealthCT.com and can find free help online, in person or by phone.
For free online help, residents may visit AccessHealthCT.com. Live chat is available by clicking the “live chat” icon to connect with a customer service representative in real-time. Live chat is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
For free in-person help, residents may work with acertified broker or enrollment specialist in their community. To find a certified broker or enrollment specialist, visit the Get Help webpage.
Residents may also contact the call center at 1-855-805-4325, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Customers who are deaf or hearing impaired may use TTY at 1-855-789-2428 or call with a relay operator.