Access Health CT Launches ‘Choose. Use. Be Well.’ Campaign
Bi-lingual campaign focuses on preventive care and benefits of using plan benefits
- The campaign highlights the importance of Choosing a Primary Care Physician (PCP), Using the preventive services included in the plans, so that residents can Be Well and live a healthier life.
- Connecticut residents can use a tool to find a doctor or get more information by visiting ChooseUseBeWell.com.
HARTFORD, Conn. (May 20, 2019)—Access Health CT (AHCT) today announced the launch of the new “Choose. Use. Be Well.” campaign to help educate Connecticut residents about the importance of preventive care and plan benefit utilization.
“Getting a healthcare plan is the first step to staying healthy,” said Chief Executive Officer of Access Health CT, James Michel. “To live your healthiest life, it’s important to use your plan. At Access Health CT we are here to help you choose a family doctor, use your plan and be well.”
AHCT is available to help year-round. Outside of the Open Enrollment season, that starts November 1, 2019, AHCT is focused on making it easy for CT residents to choose a Primary Care Physician (or PCP) and getting the most out of the insurance plans they are paying for and deserve.
“We know that people have new options when it comes to seeking medical attention like, telemedicine, urgent care centers, drugstore and worksite clinics,” said Director of Marketing, Andrea Ravitz. “We need to remind individuals that family doctors or PCP’s play a crucial role in our lives, since they know the patient’s medical and family history, they can see issues that may be developing, and make sure there are no problems with prescription drugs you might be taking. They are really the quarterback of your health.”
Here are three simple steps to help people make the most of their plan benefits:
- Choose a family doctor. Check with your insurance company to see which doctors are in-network and accepting new patients.
- Use your plan. Schedule an annual check-up for everyone in your family, and take advantage of preventive services. Some of these services are 100% covered with in-network providers, check your plan for details.
- Be well. Talk to your doctors and do your part to stay healthy.
“If you’re not sure where to start, visit our website at www.ChooseUseBeWell.com to learn more,” said Michel. “You will find more about your plan and the preventive care services available to you and your family to live your healthiest life.”