Access Health CT to Host December Events with Free In-Person Help to Sign Up for Health Coverage
Enrollment specialists available to help Connecticut residents shop, compare and enroll in quality health insurance
HARTFORD, Conn. (Nov. 29, 2022) — Access Health CT (AHCT) today announced it will host nine enrollment fairs in December to help Connecticut residents shop, compare and enroll or renew their health coverage during the current Open Enrollment period. Enrollment fairs offer free, in-person help from enrollment specialists and will take place in Branford, Bridgeport, Bristol, Danbury, Middletown, New Britain, Norwich, Torrington and West Hartford.
Open Enrollment began Nov. 1, 2022 and runs through Jan. 15, 2023. Connecticut residents must enroll on or before Dec. 15, 2022 for coverage starting January 1, 2023. Those who enroll between Dec. 16, 2022 and Jan. 15, 2023 will have coverage starting Feb. 1, 2023.
Connecticut residents who are interested in attending these events can book an appointment online. To book an appointment, visit AccessHealthCT.com/enrollment-events. Walk-in appointments are welcome.
The enrollment fairs will take place at the following locations and times:
- Branford: Thursday, Dec. 1 at the Joseph Trapasso Community House, located at 46 Church Street, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Register here
- New Britain: Saturday, Dec. 3 at New Britain Public Library, located at 20 High Street, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Register here
- Bristol: Tuesday, Dec. 6 at Bristol Public Library, located at 5 High Street, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Register here
- Middletown: Wednesday, Dec. 7 at Community Health Center, Inc., located at 675 Main Street, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Register here
- Danbury: Thursday, Dec. 8 at Danbury Public Library, located at 170 Main Street, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Register here
- Norwich: Saturday, Dec. 10 at United Community & Family Services (UCFS), located at 47 Town Street, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Register here
- Torrington: Tuesday, Dec. 13 at Torrington Library, located at 12 Daycoeton Place, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Register here
- West Hartford: Wednesday, Dec. 14 at Noah Webster Library, located at 20 South Main Street, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Register here
- Bridgeport: Thursday, Dec. 15 at Bassick High School, located at 1181 Fairfield Avenue, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Register here
“For coverage to begin on the first of the year, Connecticut residents must enroll on or before December 15,” said Chief Executive Officer of Access Health CT, James Michel. “We are offering these nine opportunities before that deadline so people can get expert, in-person assistance if they need it. We are here to help, and all help is free.”
Connecticut residents can find free help and enroll online, in person or by phone.
For free online help, residents may visit AccessHealthCT.com. Live chat is available by clicking the “Live Chat” icon to connect with a customer service representative in real-time. Live chat is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:45 p.m.
There are several ways to get free, in-person help in addition to attending enrollment fairs. Residents may work with a certified broker or enrollment specialist in their community. To find a certified broker or enrollment specialist, visit the Get Help webpage.
Residents may visit any of AHCT’s Navigator partner locations. Expert help from enrollment specialists is available at these locations year-round. To see a list of Navigator locations, visit the Enrollment Events webpage. Please contact the site in advance to make an appointment.
Residents may also contact the call center at 1-855-805-4325, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and on select Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Customers who are deaf or hearing impaired may use TTY at 1-855-789-2428 or call with a relay operator. The call center will be closed on Dec. 25, 2022, Dec. 26, 2022, Dec. 31, 2022 and Jan. 1, 2023.