Access Health CT to Host Events Offering Free In-Person Help to Sign Up for Health Coverage
Connecticut residents can work one-on-one with enrollment specialists to help them shop, compare and enroll in quality health coverage
HARTFORD, Conn. (Nov. 2, 2023) — Access Health CT (AHCT) today announced it will hold six enrollment fairs in November to help Connecticut residents shop, compare, and enroll or renew their health coverage during the current Open Enrollment period. Enrollment fairs are one-day events that provide customers free, in-person help from enrollment specialists. These events will take place in Danbury, Hartford, New Haven, New London, Stamford and West Haven.
Open enrollment began Nov. 1, 2023 and runs through Jan. 15, 2024. Customers must enroll on or before Dec. 15, 2023 for coverage to begin Jan. 1, 2024. Customers who enroll between Dec. 16, 2023 and Jan. 15, 2024 will have coverage starting Feb. 1, 2024.
Connecticut residents who are interested in attending the events can book an appointment online. To book an appointment, visit AccessHealthCT.com/enrollment-events. Walk-in appointments are welcome.
The enrollment fairs will take place at the following locations and times:
- West Haven: Saturday, Nov. 4 at the West Haven Library, located at 300 Elm Street, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Register here.
- Stamford: Wednesday, Nov. 8 at the University of Connecticut Stamford campus, located at 1 University Place, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Register here.
- Hartford: Thursday, Nov. 9 at Hartford Public Library Albany Avenue branch, located at 1250 Albany Avenue, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Register here.
- New London: Monday, Nov. 13 at Opportunities Industrialization Center (OIC), located at 106 Truman Street, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Register here.
- Danbury: Tuesday, Nov. 14 at Latinos for Educational Advocacy and Diversity (LEAD), located at 358 Main Street, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Register here.
- New Haven: Wednesday, Nov. 15 at the Ives Library, located at 133 Elm Street, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Register here.
“Enrollment fairs help customers get answers to their questions regarding health coverage,” said Access Health CT Chief Executive Officer James Michel. “By holding these events across the state, we can make sure all Connecticut residents get the assistance they need.”
AHCT also provides other options for free help to enroll online, in person and over the phone.
In addition to enrollment fairs, AHCT offers in-person help at enrollment locations and Navigators that host sessions during regular business hours throughout the week. A list of these locations is available at AccessHealthCT.com/Enrollment-Events.
Residents may also work with acertified broker or enrollment specialist in their community. To find an expert, visit AccessHealthCT.com/Get-Help.
For online help, residents may visit AccessHealthCT.com. Live chat is available by clicking the “Live Chat” icon to connect with a customer service representative. Live chat is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:45 p.m.
Residents may also contact the call center at 1-855-805-4325, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
The call center will be open from 8:00 a.m. to midnight on Dec. 15, 2023 and Jan. 15, 2024.
The call center will be closed on Nov. 23, 2023, Dec. 25, 2023 and Jan. 1, 2024.
Customers who are deaf or hearing impaired may use TTY at 1-855-789-2428 or call with a relay operator.