Access Health CT to Host January Events with Free In-Person Help to Sign Up for Health Coverage
Deadline to enroll in a health insurance plan for 2023 is January 15
HARTFORD, Conn. (Jan. 4, 2023) — Access Health CT (AHCT) today announced it will host six enrollment fairs in January to help Connecticut residents shop, compare and enroll or renew their health coverage during the current Open Enrollment period, which ends on Jan. 15, 2023. Enrollment fairs offer free, in-person help from enrollment specialists and will take place in Bloomfield, Haddam, Hamden, Stamford, Vernon and Willimantic.
Open Enrollment began Nov. 1, 2022 and runs through Jan. 15, 2023. Customers who enroll between Dec. 16, 2022 and Jan. 15, 2023 will have coverage starting Feb. 1, 2023.
Connecticut residents who are interested in attending these events can book an appointment online. To book an appointment, visit AccessHealthCT.com/enrollment-events. Walk-in appointments are welcome.
The enrollment fairs will take place at the following locations and times:
- Haddam: Wednesday, Jan. 4 at the Higganum Community Center, located at 7 Candlewood Road, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Register here
- Willimantic: Thursday, Jan. 5 at Eastern Connecticut State University Campus Library, located at
- 83 Windham Street, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Register here
- Vernon: Tuesday, Jan. 10 at Vernon Center Middle School, located at 777 Hartford Turnpike, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Register here
- Bloomfield: Wednesday, Jan. 11 at The First Cathedral, located at 1151 Blue Hills Avenue, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Register here
- Hamden: Saturday, Jan. 14 at Whitneyville Cultural Commons, located at 1253 Whitney Avenue, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Register here
- Stamford: Sunday, Jan. 15 at the University of Connecticut Stamford Campus, located at
- 1 University Place, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Register here
“The final open enrollment deadline for health insurance coverage in 2023 is approaching quickly,” said Chief Executive Officer of Access Health CT, James Michel. “We encourage Connecticut residents to join us at one of our free enrollment fairs so they can get all the help they need to enroll themselves and their families by January 15.”
Connecticut residents can find free help and enroll online, in person or by phone.
For free online help, residents may visit AccessHealthCT.com. Live chat is available by clicking the “Live Chat” icon to connect with a customer service representative in real-time. Live chat is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:45 p.m. and on select Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
There are several ways to get free, in-person help in addition to attending enrollment fairs. Residents may work with a certified broker or enrollment specialist in their community. To find a certified broker or enrollment specialist, visit the Get Help webpage.
Residents may visit any of AHCT’s Navigator partner locations. Expert help from enrollment specialists is available at these locations year-round. To see a list of Navigator locations, visit the Enrollment Events webpage. Please contact the site in advance to make an appointment.
Residents may also contact the call center at 1-855-805-4325, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and on select Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Customers who are deaf or hearing impaired may use TTY at 1-855-789-2428 or call with a relay operator. The call center will be closed on Dec. 25, 2022, Dec. 26, 2022, Dec. 31, 2022 and Jan. 1, 2023.