ACCESS HEALTH CT VIRTUAL “HEALTHY CHATS” KICK-OFF IN OCTOBER
Free Educational Sessions Offered in both English and Spanish
HARTFORD, Conn. (September 28, 2020) — Access Health CT (AHCT) today announced a series of upcoming virtual educational sessions, known as “Healthy Chats.” The purpose of these online events is to help Connecticut residents become familiar with the marketplace, and the available tools to get coverage during the Annual Open Enrollment Period that starts on November 1, 2020. Healthy Chats can help Connecticut residents learn about plan options, financial help, low-cost and free coverage and tips to stay covered.
AHCT is Connecticut’s official health insurance marketplace, where you can shop, compare and enroll in quality healthcare plans; and it is the only place where you can qualify for financial help to lower your costs, or be eligible for free or low-cost coverage through HUSKY Health (Medicaid/Children’s Health Insurance Plan or CHIP).
Healthy Chats are free and will be held virtually via Zoom (in English & Spanish) on some Wednesdays & Thursdays in October and November. To join, attendees can access the event here.
Or here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/access-health-ct-open-enrollment-2020-healthy-chats-tickets-118671681193
Access Health CT Healthy Chat Calendar
- Wednesday, October 14 at 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, October 15 at 6:00 m. **Spanish Only**
- Wednesday, October 21 at 3:00 m.
- Thursday, October 22 at 6:00 m.
- Thursday, November 12 at 6:00 m. **Spanish Only**
- Wednesday, November 18 at 3:00 m.
- Thursday, November 19 at 6:00 m.
Note: Healthy Chats are informational-only sessions, and no enrollments will be processed. Additional dates may be added to the Eventbrite calendar and dates are subject to change.
“For the past eight years we’ve welcomed hundreds of residents to our educational sessions,” said AHCT Chief Executive Officer, James Michel. “Our Healthy Chats will once again give Connecticut residents the opportunity to learn more about who we are and important information about the upcoming Annual Open Enrollment period. We understand health insurance can be difficult to understand, which is why we offer free help.”
After a virtual AHCT Healthy Chat, event attendees should be able to:
- Know what Access Health CT (AHCT) is and how it can help you
- Understand the types of financial help and coverage options available
- Be prepared for Annual Open Enrollment and the application process
AHCT also offers free in-person help at either of its Navigator partner locations:
- Project Access New Haven located at 63 York Street in New Haven, Conn.
- Community Renewal Team located at 330 Market Street in Hartford, Conn.