Access Health CT Launches ‘Choose. Use. Be Well.’ Campaign
Bi-lingual campaign focuses on preventive care and benefits of using plan benefits
- The campaign highlights the importance of Choosing a Primary Care Physician (PCP), Using the preventive services included in the plans, so that residents can Be Well and live a healthier life.
- Connecticut residents can use a tool to find a doctor or get more information by visiting ChooseUseBeWell.com.
HARTFORD, Conn. (May 20, 2019)—Access Health CT (AHCT) today announced the launch of the new “Choose. Use. Be Well.” campaign to help educate Connecticut residents about the importance of preventive care and plan benefit utilization.
“Getting a healthcare plan is the first step to staying healthy,” said Chief Executive Officer of Access Health CT, James Michel. “To live your healthiest life, it’s important to use your plan. At Access Health CT we are here to help you choose a family doctor, use your plan and be well.”
AHCT is available to help year-round. Outside of the Open Enrollment season, that starts November 1, 2019, AHCT is focused on making it easy for CT residents to choose a Primary Care Physician (or PCP) and getting the most out of the insurance plans they are paying for and deserve.
“We know that people have new options when it comes to seeking medical attention like, telemedicine, urgent care centers, drugstore and worksite clinics,” said Director of Marketing, Andrea Ravitz. “We need to remind individuals that family doctors or PCP’s play a crucial role in our lives, since they know the patient’s medical and family history, they can see issues that may be developing, and make sure there are no problems with prescription drugs you might be taking. They are really the quarterback of your health.”
Here are three simple steps to help people make the most of their plan benefits:
- Choose a family doctor. Check with your insurance company to see which doctors are in-network and accepting new patients.
- Use your plan. Schedule an annual check-up for everyone in your family, and take advantage of preventive services. Some of these services are 100% covered with in-network providers, check your plan for details.
- Be well. Talk to your doctors and do your part to stay healthy.
“If you’re not sure where to start, visit our website at www.ChooseUseBeWell.com to learn more,” said Michel. “You will find more about your plan and the preventive care services available to you and your family to live your healthiest life.”
Access Health CT Announces Opening Of Its Navigator Program For FY 2020 To Deepen Community Outreach
A strong program focus will be to engage communities of color in Connecticut
· The Navigator Program will focus primarily on communities of color where Access Health CT has seen an enrollment decrease over the last four years.
· In addition to supporting enrollment efforts, the Navigator Program will help Connecticut residents better use and understand their health plans, including preventative care.
HARTFORD, Conn. (April 22, 2019)—Access Health CT (AHCT) today announced the opening of its fiscal year 2020 Navigator Grant Program. The program highlights the commitment of AHCT to enhance current outreach efforts by engaging with community organizations that have deep relationships throughout the state. A strong focus of the program for this upcoming year will be to engage African-American/Black, Hispanic/Latino and Asian communities where AHCT has seen either enrollment decreasing over the last four years, or an opportunity to help underserved populations.
“This year’s Navigator Program will allow Access Health CT to deepen its community relationships with the goal to engage, educate and enroll individuals in target communities throughout Connecticut,” said Chief Executive Officer, James Michel. “This is one of the many ways we will be improving a year-round commitment to the communities we serve.”
Michel also notes that Navigators will support enrollment and education efforts and help Connecticut residents better use their plans. “From selecting a Primary Care Physician (PCP) to using your plan for preventative care, Access Health CT is here to help,” he said.
Over the next few weeks, Access Health CT will be selecting four (4) community organizations via a Request for Proposal (RFP) process. Each organization will receive funding via a grant to perform each of the required activities. Each grant will not exceed seventy-five thousand dollars ($75,000) during the term, which will be from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.
To learn more and see program details visit agency.accesshealthct.com/solicitations.
Access Health CT Encourages Preventative Healthcare During Black History Month
CEO highlights health problems that impact Black and African American Communities more than others
- Access Health CT’s Chief Executive Officer, highlights health disparities that disproportionately impact Black and African Americans in Connecticut, and what can be done to improve outcomes.
- Preventative healthcare including an active relationship with a primary care physician and regular checkups can help prevent, and treat, serious health issues such as asthma, diabetes, infant mortality and hypertension.
HARTFORD, Conn. (February 27, 2018)—Access Health CT (AHCT) is encouraging Connecticut residents to use their health plans for preventative care, especially during Black History Month.
“Black History Month is an opportunity to talk about some of the most important issues for minority communities in the state,” said Michel, a proud member of the Black Community himself. “Black and African American residents are at higher risk for developing serious health conditions including asthma, diabetes and hypertension. And they are also more likely to suffer the death of a child. By using their health plans for preventative care, we can change those statistics,” he said.
According to a recent study*, racial and ethnic health disparities are among Connecticut’s most pressing issues. Also included in the report are the following facts:
- Black Connecticut residents are nearly five times as likely as White residents to visit the emergency department for asthma.
- Black Connecticut residents are more than twice as likely as White residents to die from diabetes and more than four times as likely to be hospitalized for diabetes.
- And babies born to Black women in Connecticut are nearly three times as likely to die as babies born to White women.
Another report** indicates that the African American population in Connecticut is disproportionately affected by hypertension. They report African Americans in the United States have the highest rates of high blood pressure than any group in the world—nearly half of all African Americans in the U.S. have it. Compared with Whites, Blacks have nearly twice the risk of fatal stroke.
“You might have one of these chronic conditions,” said Michel. “If you don’t, you likely know someone who does. That’s why health needs to be a topic of discussion during Black History Month. At Access Health CT, we are working to reduce health disparities and we are here to help you.”
Michel says the first, and most important thing to do, is to use your health plan. He says it’s important to select a primary care physician and establish a relationship with them. “It’s the best way to manage your health,” said Michel, “from chronic conditions to welcoming a new child—you can use your plan for preventative care. Go get your annual physical and see your doctor regularly. That is how we will change the story about health disparities in Connecticut.”
Learn more by contacting Access Health CT. Visit the website at www.AccessHealthCT.com or call
Access Health CT Announces 2019 Health Insurance Open Enrollment Success
More than 111,000 Connecticut residents signed up for health insurance coverage
HARTFORD, Conn. (January 17, 2019)—Access Health CT (AHCT) today announced that more than 111,000 Connecticut residents signed up for health insurance during the 2019 Open Enrollment period that ended Tuesday, January 15.
“At Access Health CT, we are here to help Connecticut residents have access to quality and affordable health insurance coverage,” said Chief Executive Officer, James Michel. “A total of 111,066 people enrolled during the 2019 Open Enrollment period; 80,812 renewed their plans, and 30,254 were new customers. These results show us how important health insurance is to the residents of Connecticut.”
Andrea Ravitz, Director of Marketing, added to Michel’s statement, “Our ‘shop, compare and enroll’ campaign focused on helping state residents evaluate their plan options in order to pick the best coverage for themselves and their families. In comparison to the past four open enrollments, we saw a significant increase in the number of individuals shopping than ever before.”
Access Health CT To Present Enrollment Numbers At Tomorrow’s Board of Directors Meeting
HARTFORD, Conn. (January 16, 2019)—Access Health CT (AHCT) will be presenting enrollment numbers at tomorrow’s Board of Directors meeting, that will take place at 9 a.m. at the Holiday Inn, Salon AB, 100 East River Drive in East Hartford.
Note: Please know that this meeting will not be recorded by CTN.
Access Health CT Extends 2019 Health Insurance Open Enrollment Period
Extension ends January 15, 2019
- Access Health CT has extended the 2019 health insurance Open Enrollment period until January 15, 2019.
- If customers are already covered by an insurance plan through Access Health CT for January 2019, and would like to pick a new plan starting in February 2019, they must pay their January monthly bill (premium).
- If individuals choose a plan after December 15, 2018, the coverage for this plan will start on February 1, 2019.
- Last night’s ruling by a federal district court judge in Texas does not affect the ability for Connecticut residents to sign up for and use 2019 health insurance plans through Access Health CT.
- Today’s call center hours are from 8 a.m. until midnight; 1-855-805-4325 (TTY 1-855-789-2428).
HARTFORD, Conn. (December 15, 2018)—Access Health CT (AHCT) today announced an extension for the 2019 health insurance Open Enrollment period until January 15, 2019. Customers who sign up for health insurance plans through Access Health CT by today’s deadline will have coverage that starts January 1, 2019. Customers who sign up for health insurance plans through Access Health CT after today will have coverage that starts February 1, 2019.
Last night, a federal district court judge in Texas ruled the Affordable Care Act unconstitutional because of the changes Congress made to the Individual Mandate penalty. Access Health CT wants to let Connecticut residents know that the Texas ruling does not affect their ability to sign up for and use 2019 health insurance plans through Access Health CT.
“Access Health CT is the official marketplace under the Affordable Care Act in Connecticut and we are committed to upholding the ACA and the support it provides to the residents of our state,” said Access Health CT Chief Executive Officer, James Michel. “We will not let this news get in the way of fulfilling our mission to reduce the rate of the uninsured and help Connecticut residents get health insurance coverage for them and their families.”
Focusing on the extension and continued opportunity for Connecticut residents to sign up for 2019 health insurance coverage, Michel said, “With this extension, Access Health CT is encouraging customers who are currently covered by an insurance plan for 2019 to come and evaluate their options as they may find savings or lower premiums by choosing a different plan that better fits their needs and budget.”
When evaluating plan options, customers should consider things like monthly insurance payments (premiums), deductibles, co-pays, co-insurance, provider networks and prescription drug coverage.
Access Health CT customers who were automatically enrolled in coverage for 2019, may find a plan that better fits their needs. If they want to make a change after December 15, they can, and the new plan will have a start date of February 1, 2019. They will continue to be covered during the month of January 2019 under the auto-enroll plan, and must pay their January payment (premium).
Free help will continue to be available during the extension:
- By contacting a broker, or looking for one here.
- Online: AccessHealthCT.com
- Visiting one of the three in-person Enrollment Fairs below. Note: Enrollment Centers will not be open during this extension.
- By phone, at 1-855-805-4325 (TTY 1-855-789-2428). Hours of operation:
- Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.*
- Saturday, January 5 and 12: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.*
- Tuesday, January 15: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.*
*Holiday hours December 24 & December 31, 8 a.m.to 2 p.m. Closed December 25 & January 1.
The 2019 Health Insurance Open Enrollment Period Ends Saturday, December 15, 2018
Free help is still available online, in-person or over the phone
HARTFORD, Conn. (December 11, 2018)—Access Health CT (AHCT) today reminded Connecticut residents that the 2019 Health Insurance Open Enrollment Period ends this Saturday, December 15, 2018. Individuals can find free help online, in-person or over the phone.
- Visit AccessHealthCT.com
- Enrollment fairs this Saturday December 15, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Jonathan Law High School – Cafeteria
20 Lansdale Avenue Milford, CT
UConn Stamford – Auditorium
1 University Place, Stamford, CT
*Registration is encouraged, but not required.
- Seven enrollment centers welcoming residents Monday-Friday.
- Reminder: individuals can get a 20% off Lyft rides to and from all centers and fairs.
- Customers can contact their brokers or search for one here.
- Call center hours of operation:
- Monday-Thursday this week: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Saturday, December 15: 8 a.m. – midnight
Access Health CT Adding Enrollment Fairs in Hartford and Stamford
Free in-person help signing up for health insurance before December 15, 2018
HARTFORD, Conn. (November 30, 2018)—Access Health CT (AHCT) today announced the addition of two new health insurance Enrollment Fairs, one at The Lyceum – Conference Center in Hartford, Saturday, December 8, and the other at UConn Stamford Auditorium, Saturday, December 15, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
FIVE ENROLLMENT FAIRS LEFT BEFORE THE END OF THE OPEN ENROLLMENT PERIOD
Access Health CT’s Enrollment fairs provide free in-person help to enroll or re-enroll, in healthcare coverage for Connecticut residents and their families. Appointments are not necessary, but people can register in advance to be sure to meet with Enrollment Specialists or Brokers. They can also get a discounted ride through Lyft to any fair or enrollment location.
“We want to make sure more residents have the opportunity to speak face-to-face with Certified Enrollment Specialists and Brokers to enroll or re-enroll in healthcare coverage,” explains Andrea Ravitz, Access Health CT Director of Marketing. “We are seeing over one hundred people attending each of our fairs because they are a great way to get free in-person help on Saturdays.”
These new events are being offered in addition to already-scheduled Enrollment Fairs in other locations. During the week, people can get free in-person help at any of the Access Health CT enrollment locations.
New Access Health CT Enrollment Fairs
The Lyceum – Conference Center
227 Lawrence Street Hartford, CT
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
UConn Stamford – Auditorium
1 University Place Stamford, CT
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Parking: Summer Street Parking Garage
Access Health CT Announces Operational Hours For Thanksgiving Week
Access Health CT Enrollment Centers and Call Center Closed Thursday, November 22
HARTFORD, Conn. (November 20, 2018)—Access Health CT (AHCT) today announced operational changes in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. Please note the following changes:
- Enrollment Centers and the call center will be closed Thursday, November 22, 2018.
- The call center will reopen Friday, November 23 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., and on Saturday, November 24 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Enrollment Centers will reopen to the public with regular operational hours Friday, November 23.
- The website will be continuously available to help Connecticut residents shop, compare and enroll in healthcare insurance at AccessHealthCT.com.
Connecticut residents interested in learning more about free, in-person help available at Access Health CT Enrollment Centers should visit Learn.AccessHealthCT.com/locations.
Access Health CT Expands Outreach Efforts With Lyft Partnership
Connecticut Residents Get 20 Percent Off Rides To and From Open Enrollment Centers and Fairs
- Connecticut residents traveling to and from Access Health CT’s Enrollment Centers and Fairs can get a 20 percent discount off rides from Lyft
- Lyft discount codes below
- Free, in-person help available to help Connecticut residents shop, compare and enroll (or re-enroll) in healthcare coverage
HARTFORD, Conn. (November 19, 2018)—Access Health CT (AHCT) today announced a partnership with ride sharing company Lyft. Through the partnership, Lyft drivers will provide a 20 percent discount to Connecticut residents traveling to and from health insurance Enrollment Centers and Fairs. Access Health CT and Lyft are urging residents to visit one of the seven Enrollment Centers to get free help to shop, compare and enroll in health insurance coverage during the Annual Open Enrollment Period that ends December 15, 2018.
“We understand that transportation can be a barrier for people who are looking for in-person help to shop, compare and enroll in health insurance,” said Access Health CT Director of Marketing, Andrea Ravitz. “Our partnership with Lyft is making it easier for Connecticut residents to get to any of our Enrollment Centers or Fairs to sign up for healthcare coverage and get the free help they need.”
Share the code with a Lyft driver to receive the discount going to and from Enrollment Centers and Enrollment Fairs.
Enrollment Center Codes:
- Danbury discount code: DANBURYOE
- East Hartford discount code: EHARTFORDOE
- Groton discount code: GROTONOE
- New Britain discount code: NEWBRITAINOE
- New Haven discount code: NEWHAVENOE
- Stamford discount code: STAMFORDOE
- West Hartford discount code: WHARTFORDOE
Enrollment Fair Codes:
- Bridgeport discount code: BRIDGEPORTOE
- Waterbury discount code: WATERBURYOE
- Milford discount code: MILFORDOE