COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Working at Access Health CT
Access Health CT employees are proud to play an important part meeting the goals of the Affordable Care Act. Since 2013, we have helped more than 1 million people obtain quality, affordable healthcare coverage.
Our employees are dedicated, compassionate, and knowledgeable individuals with creative approaches to problem solving, who are able to flex with the changes in a unique and demanding environment. We succeed because we work together and because the results matter to us and to the residents of Connecticut.
We offer a generous benefit package that supports our employees’ financial and physical health. Check out below for information on Paid Time Off, medical coverage, retirement plans and more!
- Access Health CT benchmarks each position against positions of similar scope within the northeast geographic region to determine competitive salaries.
- Performance evaluations are completed annually. A merit-based pay for performance system is used to assess and reward employees for contributions to Access Health CT’s success.
- An Access Health CT sponsored retirement plan with employer contribution and additional employer match is offered to every regular (non-durational or temporary) employee.
- Parking fees are paid by AHCT and are non-taxable to the employee.
- Employees can choose an alternate non-taxable transportation benefit.
Our goal is to create a healthy workforce and to provide a healthy environment to work in. We offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical and Dental insurance plan choices
- A Health Enhancement Program (HEP) to lower premiums when qualifying health issues are managed each year
- Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Disability Coverage (both short- and long-term)
- Bereavement Days
- FSA account
Paid Time Off
Time to relax and participate in the world outside of work is important at Access Health CT. To this end we offer:
- Observation of all federal holidays and the day after Thanksgiving
- Generous Paid Time Off (includes sick and vacation time)
- Personal Days
Access Health CT depends on a staff of informed and highly-skilled professionals to meet immediate and long-term goals. To promote this effort and to support employee development, we provide educational assistance and the opportunity to participate in a wide-range of job-related courses.
Diversity and Inclusion
Access Health CT is committed to diversity. We are proud to have a staff that is uniquely qualified to impact our communities and that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. See our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action statement.
The Hiring Process
Access Health CT’s hiring process involves several steps. Here’s what to expect when you apply for a job.
Job openings are posted on a secure website, where you can review a listing of available jobs and read job descriptions. You can submit a resume and cover letter to apply for a job at the email address noted in the job posting.
A member of our Human Resources team will review your information promptly. If your qualifications match the job requirements, we will contact you for a phone or in-person interview.
Phone and In-Person interviews
An interview allows us to get more information from you and to provide you with information about us. That way, we both can decide if you are a good fit for the position.
Background Check and Reference Check
Access Health CT performs background checks on all prospective hires. An offer of employment will be made contingent on a successful background and reference check. If everything checks out and we decide to offer you the job, a Human Resources professional will contact you with a verbal offer of employment followed by a written offer.
Access Health CT is a quasi-public organization of the State of Connecticut. Although we are not State of Connecticut employees, we are subject to the State of Connecticut’s Code of Ethics. On your first day of employment, you will be required to complete an online Ethics course.
It is the policy of Access Health CT that all employees must protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of customer information. Access Health CT is committed to ensuring compliance with all Connecticut and federal laws that provide for the privacy and security of customer information. Accordingly, we are dependent on employees to understand and follow strict security protocols. Employees must complete security training at the time of hire and annually thereafter.
We hope you consider joining our team and help us continue to make history and improve people’s lives. We are a group of committed individuals striving for healthier people, healthier communities, and a healthier Connecticut.