Thousands of Access Health CT Customers Are Now Paying Significantly Less For Their Healthcare Coverage
CT’s Marketplace Data Shows Impact of American Rescue Plan for Special Enrollment Period that Began May 1st
- (ARP) has made health insurance coverage more affordable for many CT residents, by virtually eliminating or vastly reducing monthly payments (premiums) for people with low and moderate incomes, and providing new financial help for people with somewhat higher incomes who can face high premiums.
- Close to 3,000 new customers have enrolled through Access Health CT since the beginning of the Special Enrollment Period that started on May 1.
- More than 4,000 existing customers have updated their applications and are seeing additional savings in their monthly payments (premiums).
- Access Health CT’s Special Enrollment Period runs until August 15, 2021.
Access Health CT (AHCT) announced today that since the beginning of the Special Enrollment Period on May 1, thousands of new customers enrolling through Connecticut’s Official Health Insurance Marketplace, and existing ones who have updated their applications, are seeing significant savings in their healthcare coverage, thanks to the American Rescue Plan Act that provides new financial help to lower their monthly payments (premiums).
The American Rescue Plan Act (ARP) is a new law that makes health insurance coverage more affordable for many Connecticut residents, by virtually eliminating or vastly reducing monthly payments (premiums) for many people with low and moderate incomes; and providing new financial help for people with somewhat higher incomes who can face high premiums.
AHCT is reporting the following stats since the beginning of the Special Enrollment Period:
Enrollment numbers for its existing customers:
- 4,216 existing enrollees have updated their applications to take advantage of the newly available financial help
- Before the American Rescue Plan (ARP), existing households were paying on average, $491 a month, which has been reduced toan average of $281 per month with the increased financial help
Enrollment numbers for new customers:
- 2,780 new enrollees to date
- 88% of new enrollees are eligible for financial help (known as Advance Premium Tax Credits or APTCs)
- On average, new households are paying $204 a month with the increased financial help
IMPORTANT: Please be aware that this newly available financial help is offered only through Access Health CT.This is the reason why many who buy plans “off-exchange” or are uninsured/underinsured should come and shop, compare and enroll by August 15, 2021.
“We are very pleased to see that thousands of new and existing customers are taking advantage of the newly available financial help to lower the cost of their healthcare coverage,” said Chief Executive Officer at Access Health CT, James Michel. “If you or someone you know is uninsured or unemployed, please use the opportunity of this Special Enrollment Period ending on August 15, to get a quality health insurance plan.”
Access Health CT will continue to offer free help:
- Online: AccessHealthCT.com (Live chat: AccessHealthCT.com click “Live Chat” icon)
- Phone: 1-855-805-4325, Mon. – Fri., 8 AM – 5 PM
- With Enrollment Specialists in the community
- In-person help at either of AHCT’s Navigator partner locations*:
- Project Access New Haven located at 63 York Street in New Haven, Conn.
- Community Renewal Team located at 330 Market Street in Hartford, Conn.
*NOTE: These locations will welcome customers by appointment only with strict safety protocols (mask wearing, hand sanitizing, temperature checks, social distancing, and standard health questionnaire).